You don’t have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. ~ C.S. Lewis
The human body is made up of over 50 trillion cells. Each cell contains omniscient wisdom and is connected to the universe and every living thing within it. A good analogy is to think of the universe as a huge ocean of water. Every living thing within that ocean is like a tiny droplet. Together these droplets makeup and are part of Reiki the universal life force.
Reiki is part of our genetic structure; an inbuilt intelligence that energises the mind-body and spirit. Reiki stimulates growth, health, life and healing. When it is freely allowed to flow around the body it can keep us alive and healthy for over one hundred and twenty years.
Unfortunately, bad habits and poor choices result in the flow of Reiki being stifled. It is important to note that Reiki cannot be destroyed. Even when we die and the life force leaves our body it continues to exist as part of the universe. Through neglect and ignorance, we abuse this vital component of life.
When the mind-body and spirit are in harmony the biological intelligence that governs the body’s resources and allows it to heal itself and function correctly are intensified. Reiki is the key that unlocks the body’s optimum capabilities. There are seven main energy centres in the body that control the flow of the universal life force. They are called the Chakras. Each chakra is responsible for supplying energy to specific parts of the body. When they are blocked or clogged the body becomes sick and the flow of energy is diluted.
A full Reiki treatment reopens the chakras and re-balances the flow of the universal life force around the body. A person will normally need four full treatments on four consecutive days to boost the flow of Reiki energy. This will stimulate the body’s immune system and natural healing abilities. Normally the body will begin by cleansing itself of toxins. As the poisons are removed, the body becomes re-balanced and the healing process can begin
Many cultures have developed techniques and disciplines that stimulate the flow of KI energy around the body. However, Reiki is the easiest to learn and administer. The techniques are simple to master. The results are profound.
How Reiki Works – The 7 Major Chakra Points
- The Crown Chakra (white or violet) is positioned on top of the head. It represents enlightenment, intuition and spiritual vision. The energy supplied to the pineal glands, upper brain and right eye.
- The Third Eye Chakra (indigo) is positioned in the middle of the forehead, just above the eyebrows. It represents psychic perception, telepathy and ESP. The energy supplied to the spine, lower brain, left eye, pituitary gland, nose ears and central nervous system.
- The Throat Chakra (light blue) is positioned in the centre of the neck. It represents self-expression, emotions, communication and creativity. The energy supplied to the throat, thyroid gland, upper lungs, arms and digestive tract.
- The Heart Chakra (rose and green) is positioned in the middle of the chest. It represents emotions, love, devotion, spiritual growth and compassion. The energy supplied to the heart, thymus gland, liver, lungs and the circulation system.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra (yellow) is positioned just above the naval. It represents the centre of the body; food is assimilated, tuned into energy and distributed throughout the body. The energy supplied to the emotions, stomach, liver, digestion, gall bladder and the pancreas.
- The Sacral Chakra (orange) is positioned just below the naval. It represents sexual energy, perceptions and the first impressions of people. The energy supplied to the reproductive organs, legs and the glands.
- The Root Chakra (red) is positioned at the genitals. It represents life, physical vitality, birth and creation. The energy supplied to the spine, kidneys, bladder and the suprarenal glands.
Reiki is ever-present in our bodies. This means anyone can harness this profound inbuilt intelligent energy for healing.
However, without being attuned to the universal life force you will only be using about 10-20 per cent of that energy.
Madam Takata explained it best when she described Reiki as being similar to radio waves. We cannot see them but we know they are everywhere around us. When we turn on a radio and tune into the radio waves we can pick up a signal. That signal is turned into a radio programme. Similarly, the universal life force is everywhere, although we cannot see it unless we use Kirlian photography.
When we are tuned into the energy by a Reiki Master we are able to harness Reiki to heal ourselves and others. This gift of healing remains with us for the rest of our lives. We can only lose it if we use it for negative or destructive purposes. Reiki is pure and it needs to be treated as such.
Reiki is channelled through the hands. When you place your hands on your own body or the body of another person for the purpose of healing you connect with the universal life force. The wisdom of Reiki then goes to work to bring about healing, balance and whatever is needed on a holistic level.
The best way to understand how Reiki works is to experience it.
God be in my head, and in my understanding.
God be in my eyes, and in my looking.
God be in my mouth, and in my speaking.
God be in my heart, and in my thinking.
God be at my end, and at my departing. – Anon
I hope this helps explain how Reiki actually works.
Love Trudy x